Photos: State of the Heart Photography
Hope you all had a great weekend! Mia had her first ever dance recital and if you watched my Insta stories you saw just how proud we are of her! I’m so excited that it’s June already because we have lots of fun things planned for this month. Which actually got me thinking, what are some personal things I would like to achieve or do this summer? So I created a list to share with you all to inspire you to have a truly tremendous summer!
- Walk/hike more outside. A lot of people assume that I’d rather be in a mall than outside (and most of the time that may be true lol). But I’m also an outdoor, creek exploring, fishing, bonfire kind of girl. We have lots of pretty national parks and lots of places in Ohio for exploring.
- Cook more. I admit that I’m a mediocre cook and don’t like to be in the kitchen (unless I’m drinking wine). My husband is Italian and pretty much the cook in our family, but I want to try to make it a habit to prepare some new summer meals! If you have any good ones, send em my way 😉
- Read at least 3 books. I LOVE reading and lately, I just haven’t had time. It’s my goal to read one book a month this summer!
- Visit 2 or 3 new places a month. Ya’ll know I’m a fan of random spontaneous trips to places I’ve never been (within a 1-2 hour limit of course with kids lol).
- Learn how a car works. This one is so random lol, but I’ve always wanted to learn about car parts and what does what under the hood!
- Listen to podcasts. So many people I know rave about listening to them and I want to try to find some true crime ones. Comment with any that you really love on my latest Instagram post!
- Do more random acts of kindness. This one is always a given <3
- Less technology and more focus on family. It’s a digital world and it’s so important to unplug, look up and be in the moment!
- Create more inspiring posts for ya’ll! 🙂
What are some personal goals you have for this summer? I’d love to hear about them! Xo, Brooke
CURRENT YELLOW ITEMS I ADORE: